There are many benefits you stand to gain from applying early for an online masters degree with Queen Mary Online.
From having more time to get your documents together and meet your offer conditions, to being better prepared for the start of your course, here are just some reasons why you should apply early once you've decided to study with us:
1. More time to prepare your application
Whichever course you choose to study with Queen Mary Online, you’ll need to submit the following supporting documents when completing your online application:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume – An up-to-date copy of your CV/resume, clearly listing any academic/professional experience relevant to your chosen course.
- Degree transcripts and certificates – If your degree is from a UK university, you’ll need to upload a colour scan of the transcript of your marks for each year, as well as a colour copy of your certificate. If your degree is from an overseas institution, you’ll need to provide a colour scan of the transcript of your marks for each year and a copy of your degree certificate, together with a certified translation if the document isn’t in English. You will need to provide transcripts and certificates for each university level declared on your application/CV.
- References – You’ll need to provide relevant references for your chosen course to verify that you’re appropriately qualified to study the course. The references you provide should include information about your suitability for your chosen course. The number and type of references you need to provide depend on the course you choose to study. Check our application guidance page for more information.
- Statement of purpose – This should explain why you want to study your chosen course and how you believe it will help you develop on both a personal and professional level.
- English language test certificate (if English isn’t your first language) – You’ll need to submit a copy of your IELTS certificate or other acceptable English language test or qualification certificate if your first language isn’t English. You can find the English language requirements for your chosen course on the relevant course page.
Applying early will give you more time to prepare your supporting documents so you can easily submit a complete application, without any unnecessary hassle or delays. It will also give you time to ensure you put forward the best application possible for your chosen course.
Remember – no matter how organised you are, often response times from others are out of your control. Applying early gives you the added advantage of having more time to chase up any documents you need – such as electronic transcripts and references – from external universities and organisations so you can take the stress out of preparing your application.
2. Get a head start on optimising your statement of purpose and CV
Your statement of purpose and CV are crucial documents in support of your application for your chosen course. Investing the time and effort to make sure these documents are up-to-date, well-written and impactful will put you in a far better position to secure a place on your chosen course.
Essentially, these documents not only enable our admissions panel to determine your suitability for your chosen course, but also fundamentally to understand your motivation(s) for applying.
Applying early will give you more time to fine-tune and optimise these important documents up to the highest possible standard, so you have a better chance of a successful application.
3. More time to meet your offer conditions
If you’ve received a conditional offer from us for your chosen course, the next step is to demonstrate that you’ve achieved the grade or test result (such as an IELTS test score) you need to meet the conditions of your offer.
Applying early will ensure you have enough time to meet the conditions of your offer and secure your place on your chosen course. For example, you’ll have more time to book suitable dates for any tests you need to take before places are fully-booked, and to retake tests if necessary to achieve the results you need.
By applying early, you’ll have greater ability to meet your offer conditions and avoid any unnecessary last-minute stress.
4. Be well-prepared to start your course
The earlier you’re accepted into your chosen masters course, the more time you’ll have to get ready to start your studies.
For example, being accepted early gives you more time to devise a suitable study schedule that works for you, and to make appropriate arrangements (such as with your manager or family members) so you can comfortably manage your studies alongside your work and other commitments.
Having ample time to prepare for your course will ensure you can hit the ground running with your studies once your course starts.
Our friendly team of Course Advisers can answer any questions you may have about Queen Mary Online’s course application process and guide you with tips and advice to help you put forward your best application. Contact our team.